Wednesday, July 23, 2008
I have to chill out on Overlooked for a couple of weeks so that I can teach my first ever Design School class at Scrap In Style TV.
And trust me...if you love Overlooked I promise you will love Unpredictable Requests...
lots of random.
lots of photo challenges.
Here is the summary:
Do you need some inspiration?
Has your mojo officially left the planet?
Are you open to new subject matter?
Are you feeling random and spontaneous?
Even better - Are you feeling too safe and cozy?
Do you just want to have some fun?
Here's the deal.
Think scrapbooking challenges, photography subject inspiration, creative sparks, memorabilia scavenger hunt, nitty gritty subject/journaling matter, recycled scrappy items put to good use, and simple techniques that you can use over againall rolled into one class. Put into the method of your choosing.
Whether itsscrapbook pages, a mini ablum, a big sketchbook, a journal, or a ring full of ATCcards...
10 days of unpredictable requests.
Are you game?
To all my friends and readers...its gonna be a good time.
A randomly miscellaneous crazy spontaneous time.
Say you'll join me.
for some reason my html link isn't working...so copy and paste this...let me know if it doesnt' work!
Monday, July 7, 2008
Write the directions in the same way that you would describe to someone how to get to your house.
Write about the landmarks you always pass on your way home.
Do you love your neighborhood?
Do you love your neighbors? Whether you do or you don't...describe them.
How long have you lived on this road? Do you think you will ever leave?
Do you live in the city? The country?
What are some observations you have while turning into your neighborhood?
Here is the new group to upload your picture to...Flickr Group Subject V
If you have a cool prompt idea for this Subject...email me @ firstname.lastname@example.org - share the inspiration!
I am working slowly but surely on making this place a little cozier - and a little more visually appealing. Also thinking about things I can do to inspire you more - and get more people involved. I am always open for suggestions.
Have a good week Overlookers!
Monday, June 30, 2008
How many times have we turned down our street and passed our street sign?
Hundreds - yes hundreds.
But do you have a picture of it?
I think its something that will be cool to look at in the years to come.
Most likely (maybe not) but most likely you will move.
Maybe even to a different city, a different state, a different country.
You'll want this documented.
If you want to take it in a different direction and document a cool sign that you pass often.
Or the street sign of your job - or the street sign of where you USED to live.
A street sign from a vacation.
(Especially foreign country ones)
You could rock that as well.
Take a picture of your house number too.
You'll be glad you did.
a little note...
My whole goal in this website was that I didn't want any of you to have to worry about deadlines, or that to have that feeling of "I need to be caught up" or "I'm so behind".
I didn't want it to be a contest...so thats why I opted against sponsors or picking winners.
Sometimes I feel guilty (its one of my more uncool attributes) that I don't have enough going on here. Overlooked went from 360+ members all the way to 26 last month. But I refuse to give less because of those numbers. The emails you all have sent me - tell me it is worth it. Even if you don't upload your picture or your layout - i know that you all are still doing these challenges. I don't do this for praise, for financial gain, or notoriety. I do this because I want to.
Hopefully you are inspired...hopefully you take the time to snap, jot, and scrap some of these subjects.
Thank you for stopping by.
1. http://www.flickr.com/photos/slworking/2276916776/">Cloesup of the Hollywood and Vine street sign in the Anza-Borrego Desert State Park, 2. http://www.flickr.com/photos/acampada/287387997/">Wall Street Sign, 3. http://www.flickr.com/photos/chrisjm/49221968/">Street Signs, 4. http://www.flickr.com/photos/jessehaley/2171147830/">Street Signs, 5. http://www.flickr.com/photos/i_am_amy/1810533925/">Street Sign, 6. http://www.flickr.com/photos/shelly_the_hippie/2537089712/">Jackson Street Sign., 7. http://www.flickr.com/photos/citizensofthefuture/1492559035/">Vintage Street Sign, 8. http://www.flickr.com/photos/mr38/1879414621/">Orange Street Sign @ Corner of Citrus Avenue, 9. http://www.flickr.com/photos/pino1816/161500753/">Street Sign
Friday, June 20, 2008
i taught a class @ SISiversary last weekend...and it consumed me for 3+ months.
i know you all understand,
that sometimes things take a backseat.
i have new ideas,
i have some new direction.
let's try this again shall we?
i have your support right?
i thought so.
meet me here...Monday June 30th @ 8am...
and we will start fresh and a new.
Monday, April 28, 2008
18+ Journaling Ideas for your viewing and jotting pleasure...
1. What do you do while you watch TV? Are you very focused on the show? Or are you a multi-tasker? Do you fold laundry, pay bills, surf the Internet, eat dinner, drink a cup of coffee, snuggle with your loved one(s), do your homework, or scrapbook?
2. Are you pretty laid back and chill - or are you always having to "shhhh" people?3. Write out what is currently on your DVR/TiVo List...you could even do shortcuts. (Example)
Mine would go something like this:
The Office (13)
Power Rangers Jungle Fury (5)
4. Write a list of all the movies you have.
5. Jot down a little note or two about your favorite "TV watching" beverage or snack.
6. Parents- how many times a day do you have to put in that ONE movie for your child that they love so much? How long have they loved it? Write down a few movies that they have gone through this phase with.
7. What about a show that you CANNOT believe that you actually watch. Whether its because its not your style, or its "cheesy"...
8. Call your movie store or look up online and jot some journaling down about the last 5 movies you rented. Give a review of each one, or rank them 1-5.
9. Who is your TV crush? Write down why....(dibs on Patrick Dempsey)
10. Simply write about your all time favorite TV show. (whether still on air or not)
11. Simply write about your all time favorite movie.
12. Write about a movie that you did NOT want to watch, but did - and you LOVED it.
13. If you DVR/TiVo something...do you watch it right away? or just whenever you get a second...
14. Is there a TV show your spouse/gf/bf got you hooked on or vice versa?
15. Do you have TV's in all of your rooms?
My husband refuses to have a TV in our room - and I am grateful for that.
16. Do you watch the same episode over and over? (with LOST sometimes i have to)
17. When you are done with a show - do you delete it? Or Save it?
18. Could you give up TV for an extended amount of time? Would you be better because of it?
Get to writing - you will be glad you did...i promise.
Thanks for the sweet words and all the understanding.
I appreciate it more than you know.